Webinars for Language Schools, Teachers, Parents and Students
The Hellenic American Center for Life-Long Learning has introduced a series of webinars for teachers, other professionals, parents and students.
Webinars are online workshops that are led by an instructor and offer opportunities for users to participate and interact with both the tutor and fellow participants.
We use the WiZiQ and ooVoo platforms to deliver our webinars. Both platforms include a variety of features and tools which allow for smooth attendance and active participation, interaction and involvement in the webinar learning process.
Webinar Theme Cycles and Audiences
Theme Circle I - Language School Owners and Directors
- Coaching skills for non-coachers
- How to identify the talents and strengths of candidate or current teachers
- How to motivate and keep talented teachers
- How to manage schools
- How to design and implement syllabi and curricula
- How to design and implement quality control
Theme Circle II - Teachers and Parents
- How to teach to your strengths
- How to motivate students and increase their morale
- How to help your students set goals for learning and life
- The psychology of the classroom
- How to accommodate your teaching method to the learning styles of the students
- Punishment and Control in the classroom
Theme Circle III - Teachers
- Teaching children with learning challenges
- Teaching young children
- Classroom management
- Communicating with and managing parents
- How to design and deliver an online course
Theme Circle IV - Students
- Find out your learning style and improve your study skills
- Plan your professional career
Theme Circle V - Professionals in the management
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Entrepreneurship and Social Media
- Project Management and Applied Project Management
- Sales Management
- Electronic Commerce Management/Digital Management
Types of Webinars and Duration
We offer two types of webinars:
- Category 1 webinars require active participation. You're expected to interact with your instructor and fellow students.
- Category 2 webinars require no interaction. You listen to and watch the tutor and his or her presentation. If you want, you may ask questions, using a Chat tool.
Depending on the topic, a webinar will last for a total of 3 to 6 hours, conducted over a period of 1 to 3 weeks. Each session is 60 to 90 minutes long.
Interactivity in webinars
Webinars of category 1 include a number of selected tools for communication and interaction such as:
- Polls, which let you "vote" or answer simple, multiple-choice questions
- A raise hand feature with which you can ask questions (orally and/or in writing)
- Chat, a messaging feature that lets you communicate with the tutor and the rest of the participants
Webinars of category 2 also include a number of selected tools which allow the webinar tutor to deliver each session smoothly. Your tutors may use the following:
- Desktop/application sharing – it allows tutors to 'share' their screen so that participants can 'see' what's on their the instructor screen
- Whiteboard – it allows the tutor to 'write' on it and share it with the rest of the participants
- Web camera – it allows participants to see each other and their tutor
Technology necessary to attend a webinar
You need a desktop computer, laptop or tablet, with an internet connection (at least 2MB), speakers (or preferably headset) and a Web camera.
Once you register, we'll send you an invitation and a web link which you will use to connect to and attend the webinar.