Offered in Greece through Hellenic American College
The Hellenic American University Aviation and Flight Academy offers talented high-school and college students an intellectually challenging and personally enriching summer experience.
The Academy will run in 2018 from June 25 - July 13, 2018. Registrations will commence on February 1, 2018.
Summer Session for High-School and College Students
The Aviation and Flight Academy uses in-class instruction and hands- on learning to teach students about aviation and flight. The material covered in the in-class sessions is followed up with first-hand observation and practical learning at a number of aviation sites, including Athens International Airport. Courses are offered in Athens through Hellenic American College.
Courses available this session:
Each course provides 45 hours of instruction and 3 college credits (6 ECTS credits)
The Academy's courses are offered in cooperation with Athens International Airport, Global Aviation SA and American Community Schools - Athens
Designed for high school students aged 14 – 16, the Aviation and Flight Academy uses in-class instruction and hands-on learning to teach students the principles of aviation and flight.
The material covered in the in-class sessions is reinforced through the University's Learning Management System and is followed up with first-hand observation and experiential learning at a number of sites. These include:
- Aviation History at the Air Force Museum
- Air Transport Operations & Aircraft Maintenance at Aegean Airlines & Athens International Airport
- Ground Operations & Air Traffic Management at Athens International Airport
- Flight Operations at Megara General Aviation Airport
The program leads up to a day-long session where students fly on a discovery flight.
Designed for students interested in a career in the global aviation industry, this course provides an overview of the diverse aspects of aviation management and operations. It covers key aspects of the international aviation system, including regulation and international conventions and explores topics such as safety, environmental and security management.
- Airport Operations at Athens International Airport
- Aviation Safety and Accident Investigation at Air Accident Investigation and Aviation Safety Board (AAIASB)
Flight Operations is designed for students who are interested in a career as a pilot. Using classroom instruction and experiential learning, the course covers the first half of the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Private Pilot License Syllabus and prepares students to begin formal flight training.
- Airport Operations & Air Traffic Management at Athens International Airport
- Flight Operations & Aircraft Maintenance at Megara General Aviation Airport
For more information on the Aviation and Flight Academy, please contact the Admissions Office at: +30 210 3680950