Hellenic American University is an American university that is chartered in the state of New Hampshire. It was established as a United States institution of higher education on May 11, 2004 through passage of an Act of the General Court of the State of New Hampshire.
Hellenic American University is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education. Hellenic American University’s undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral programs are regulated, approved, and regularly monitored by the New Hampshire’s Department of Education, Division of Higher Education -- Higher Education Commission. Hellenic American University has instructional sites in Nashua, New Hampshire and in Athens, Greece. The programs in Athens are offered at Hellenic American College through an Agreement of Cooperation that the two institutions have signed.
Quick Facts about Hellenic American University
- Private, non-sectarian American university chartered in the State of New Hampshire
- Established in 2004 by an Act of the General Court of the State of New Hampshire
- Licensed and regulated by the New Hampshire Department of Higher Education Commission
- Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
- 1 Associate degree program, 6 Bachelor's degree programs, 6 Master’s degree programs, 1 Ph.D. program
- Duration of undergraduate studies:
- ASGE program: two to three years of full-time study
- All other undergraduate programs: four years of full-time study
- Duration of graduate studies
- MBA/ MSIT/MSPSY: two years of full-time study
- MAT/MAAL/MACI: at least one year of full-time study
- Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics: approximately three years of full-time study, excluding the Dissertation
- 88% of full-time faculty hold Ph.D.’s
For the programs offered through Hellenic American College:
- 58% undergraduate and 42% graduate students (Fall 2017)
- Student - faculty ratio 9 : 1
- 84% of undergraduate & 97% of graduate students receive financial aid
For more information about Hellenic American University, please visit its website.